Sunday, August 22, 2010

Muddy Mess

Can you imagine what a muddy mess the world was in after being completely covered with water?! But God was looking out for Noah's family even then. He didn't tell them to leave until "the earth was dried," Gen. 8:14, nearly 8 months after the ark had settled on Mt. Ararat.

What a frustrating situation they would have encountered if they had become impatient and left the ark before God told them to.

How many unpleasant and grievous situations could we have avoided had we waited for God's perfect timing!

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful to gain wisdom and encouragement from Grandma's ponderings over the word! When I read her writings I gain insight to her heart and her love for her Savior. I pray that our precious little Noah lives up to his name and grows to be a great man of Faith. I fear that this world will be even harder for him to grow up in then it was for us. I pray that he grows up with a deep understanding of God's love and develops a deep Faith that he stands strong in despite who may stand against him. Thank you so much for sharing Grandma's writings. I look forward to continuing to read them as you post them!

    ReplyDelete