Saturday, September 11, 2010

Nehemiah

Another outstanding man who had been taken in captivity to Babylon was Nehemiah. Ezra, Daniel, and Zerubabal were others. They did not deserve to be taken with the other reprobates but it did not destroy their faith.

Nehemiah's beautiful prayer in Nehemiah 1:1-11 has all the attributes of a perfect prayer-just a few phrases.

Worship-"O Great and awesome God"

Confession-"I confess the sins of the children of Israel-
Both my father's house and I have sinned."

Intercession-"Hear the prayer of Your servant which I pray before
You now, day and night,
for the children of Israel, Your servants."

Claiming God's Promises-Remember Your word-
"If you return to Me and keep my commandments-
I will gather them----
and bring them to the place which I have chosen."

Asking God's blessing on ourselves-
"Let Your servant prosper this day, I pray."

No comments:

Post a Comment